Attractive design + informative content + easy to use navigation = Top rankings
Most people know that the words you use contribute to your search engine ranking – but how can search engines tell if your website is attractive and easy to use?
Think about it – search engines want to provide you with the most useful results because a happy customer means a returning customer. If Google wasn’t bringing up good results, would you keep using it?
Search engines like Google and Bing protect their algorithm – the actual programming code that searches the internet to find the most useful websites – as trade secrets. But, SEO (search engine optimization) experts know that search engines look at signs that indicate that a website is successful – like how long visitors spend on a website.
So, if you’re surfing the web and come across a website that’s outdated with a difficult to navigate menu, you’ll most probably get frustrated quickly and leave the site. But, if you visit a site that’s attractive and easy to use, you’ll spend some time there clicking through its various pages… and tell all the search engines that that’s a website worth clicking on.
As you work to optimize your website for search engines (and sales!), keep these tips in mind:
- A professional design can catch and keep potential customer’s attention.
- Think about your target audience and make sure your content answers their questions and meets their needs.
- Provide opportunities for users to share links to your website – through social media and blogging.
- Make sure the navigation is easy-to-use.
- Include customized programming (such as forms) that gives your website visitors an opportunity to interact with your website.
- Check with your hosting provider to make sure your website loads quickly for visitors.
To find out more about professional SEO services, contact us for a free consultation.